Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Intentionality.

I have had a difficult time focusing on topics for this blog. I have decided that this will merge into my personal/business/art happenings blog. I think it is fair to say that I am one to take cross-sections from all the spheres in life and interconnect them.

Currently, I am interning at the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, CA. I am technically under Education with Public Programs. I do a lot of work with our social network outreach (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter) and have recently done some video work with our brand new FlipVideo. On Friday nights, we host Cultural Encounters (5-8:45pm). Come check it out.

I think my equally challenging and rewarding job is with Sports Basement. I really believe in this locally-owned and operated company. We offer really great equipment, clothing, active gear for great prices. I think we are a really helpful and friendly staff with an eco-minded motto. Come into one of our stores and let me know how your experience went.

These are currently my two communities that I am trying to be more intentional within by choosing to be kind, being authentic and challenging myself to be a better person. It is a great privilege to be able to stop and think about how to be intentional in this country. My life goal is to make the choice of being intentional, not necessarily a privilege or an isolated event, but a community standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment